COVID-19 Welcome Letter
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed our commitment to you and your health and safety has not.
Infection Control has always been a top priority for our practice. We want you to be both safe and comfortable. Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC). We follow all of these agencies so we are always up to date on any additional guidance that may be issued.
You may notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office or you will receive an online screening list of questions to streamline your office arrival.
- You will be asked to remain outside our office in your car and to text or call us when you arrive. We will then contact you to let you know when you can enter the office.
- Only patients will be permitted to enter the office. One parent/caregiver will be allowed to accompany a young child.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find more sanitizing stations throughout the office for use when needed.
- We ask that you come to your appointment wearing your own mask to cover your mouth and nose, and please bring your own pen for any forms that you may be required to complete. Do not wear your own gloves to the office.
- You will also have your temperature taken upon arrival and be asked to rinse with a peroxide based solution prior to receiving treatment.
- You will see that our waiting room no longer offers magazines, books or toys as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Please expect longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- The Dental Team will be wearing more protective gear than normal – such as specialized masks, face shield and gowns.
- Medical grade air purification with HEPA 14 filtration, UV & plasma technology have been placed throughout the office. These units continuously filter the air in the office eliminating 99.997% of all bacteria and viruses. They also allow us to continuously monitor the quality of the air within the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe. To make an appointment please call our office number.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
St. Catharines Dental Centre.